lynx-dev

lynx-dev Forwarded: BrowserWatch - New Browser Alert: pwWebSpeak!

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Forwarded: BrowserWatch - New Browser Alert: pwWebSpeak!
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:06:15 -0500 (EST)

Since lynx is frequently used by people in need of non-graphical
browsers, I thought this info relevant to those interests.

     TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27th, 1998

     NET.FAME: Markku T. Hakkinen

New Browser Alert: pwWebSpeak!

     By: Dave Garaffa (address@hidden)
     Markku Hakkinen from [8]The Productivity Works gets this next
     net.fame for telling us about a web browser that his company has
     been developing since 1996! pwWebSpeak is a non-visual web browser
     targeted at those people that have visual disabilities or those who
     cannot use a traditional visually oriented web browser.

     Markku writes, "Dave, is it possible to update your browser list
     with pwWebSpeak (which has been shipping since 1996), a non-visual
     web browser for those with visual disabilities and for those who
     cannot use a traditional visually oriented web browser. Details on
     the product are available at our web site, and we would be happy to
     answer any other questions."

     Next week TPW will be releasing pwTelephone, a system that allows
     you to browse the web using a standard telephone.

     [9]http://www.prodworks.com/

     Fantastic news Markku! Thanks for the email!

     Dave,

      Copyright 1998 [10]Internet.com. All rights reserved. [11]Legal
    Notices.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or
                               redistributed.