lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: International version up to 2.8.1rel.2

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: lynx-dev Re: International version up to 2.8.1rel.2
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 12:46:23 +0900 (JST)

Downloaded lynx2-8-1-rel2-intl.tar.gz, and tried it.

Got the following fatal error (SunOS4.1.3):

cd po && make CC="gcc"
make: Fatal error in reader: makefile, line 132: Macro assignment on dependency
line
Current working directory /home3/nelsonhe/.lynx/lynx2-8-1-rel2-intl/po
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I removed all the .po and .gmo files in subdirectory /po.  I put in a
file, ja.po, which starts the process of moving strings from LYMessages
before I begin the translation task.  You can see the file I used at:
http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/docs/ja.po.bz2.  I set the
environment variable `setenv LINGUAS "ja"` before running ./configure.

Couple of questions.
Can I assume that po/lynx.pot is the complete catalogue up to that date?
I'd like to go ahead and get the lot translated.  (Let you and Tom get
it to compile :)

To make a *.po file for a particular language can I just fill in the
``msgstr ""'' between the double quotes?

What's a "*.gmo" file and how do I make it for the language I want?

Even though I set LINGUAS, "POFILES and GMOFILES" in po/makefile don't
seem to have "ja" listed..

__Henry