lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev text area problem

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev text area problem
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:24:02 -0500 (EST)

I found a different text area problem myself.  This is in 2.8.1 rel.1 .

I was reading a page (sorry - but it is a password restricted page for
moderators of a mailing list) which consisted of a couple hundred text
entry lines filled in with an archival copy of a digest from this mailing
list.  Every line below the text cursor that was filled looked like this:

[2]Text lines looked like this, rather______________________________________

but when I positioned the cursor on the line, it looked like this:

[2] ther shorter than was necessary__________________________________________

In other words, it was as if I only saw the first 40-50 characters of a line
- even if the line was shorter than the screen.

I will attempt to duplicate the problem in stand alone html and
submit a page ...
<URL:http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."