lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1 is great

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1 is great
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:49:15 -0500 (EST)

> This morning I just had an urge to thank Lynx developpers and maintainer
> for their dedication in making such a great tool. The 2.8.1 release is a
> beauty.
>
> One question though: when I build --with-screen=slang (v1.2) hyperlinks
> are not bold blue unless I say "brightblue:white" in lynx.cfg and this
> is good AFAIC, whereas when I build --with-screen=ncurses (v4.2)
> hyperlinks are bold blue even if "COLOR:1:blue:white". Is this normal?

The short answer is that Lynx asks for BOLD with colors irregardless
of which library it is linked with, but Slang ignores the request,
because it only handles terminals where bold or blink cannot be
combined with color.  (I just verified this with TERM=xterm-16color)

(It's another issue - like the enable-underlines option - whether Lynx
should combine BOLD with colors).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden