lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Real Plauyer support and devloping my own copy of Lynx

From: Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Real Plauyer support and devloping my own copy of Lynx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 06:06:43 -0500

] Second, I already have a version of lynx on my computer but it doesnot
] support SSl, but that  isn't my question right now.
] Has anyone got lynx 2.8.1 running with Real Player g+2 beta.
] If so how?

I think one of the biggest problems with that particularly is that
Real Player is written for the X Window System, at least the Unix version.
It is possible that one could tweak the /etc/mailcap file or /usr/bin/showaudio
script to play RA files by spawning the RealPlayer, or use the special RealAudio
URL (I forget what it was now...) using the EXTERNAL feature of the Lynx browser
(i.e. the EXTERNAL statements at the end of lynx.cfg)
This at least pertains to the various Unix operating systems, but not to DOS.

--
Eric
address@hidden