lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bug still remaining in latest development release of lynx

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug still remaining in latest development release of lynx
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:10:02 -0400 (EDT)

> > Larry W. Virden wrote:
> >
> > > I've sent email about this a few times in the past.  Perhaps the
> > > email just never reached the list.
> >
> > > I go to <URL:http://www.altavista.digital.com/>.
> > > I type in the search file
> > >
> > > doc2.zip palm
> > >
> > > and hit search.  I realize that's not exactly what I want.  I move the
> > > cursor back to the search terms.  I use the left cursor to move back.  I
> > > insert a "+ at the first of the line. The text is being shifted right.
> > > As I right arrow, I see that when the cursor hits the period the right
> > > arrow
> > > doesn't move.  I hit the right arrow again and the period is overwritten
> > > with
> > > the z.  Another right arrow and the z is overwritten with the i, etc.

Your trace has a glitch, but doesn't show the editing-field case you are
talking about.  The glitch shows up as an interrupted status message
(perhaps related to the partial display).  This is how it looks to me:

\E[7m*** You have mail. ***
\E[m\r
\E[7m-more- http://www.w3.org/Press/1998/DOM-REC
\E[m
\E[7;4H
\E[7mW3C Issues Document Object Model (DOM) Level 1 as a Recommendation
\E[67D
\E[m\r
\E[23B
\E[7mURL to open: