lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : Options Form/Menu

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : Options Form/Menu
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:11:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> once you are satisfied the Form is safe to use with your anonymous students
> we can drop Menu (as far as your needs go: someone else might object).

I object.

> remember the Menu will have to be updated every time we update the Form

I would rather say that the forms options menu will have to be updated
eevery time we update the non-forms options menu.

> & we've run out of space on the 1st Menu screen already,

The what we need is a way of giving to the non-forms options menu more
pages.

> so there's a Lynx programming premium on eliminating the Menu

I don't see it.

> if no-one speaks up to say they actually need it (not "might maybe").

I've already clearly stated that I want the non-forms options menu. It's a
lot faster and easier to use than the forms options menu. However, I
understand that many people may prefer the forms options menu, so give them
the choice in lynx.cfg.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.cam.org/~ismael/     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |