lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments

From: Allen Smith
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1pre.6 : comments
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:05:16 -0400

On Oct 9,  3:02am, Bela Lubkin (possibly) wrote:
> Allen Smith wrote:
>
> > On Oct 2,  8:56am, Philip Webb (possibly) wrote:
> > > 2-8-1pre.6 compiled successfully on IRIX 5.3 :
> > > stripped binary is  1,414 M  a/a  1,545 M  for  2-8pre.2
> > > (what's the UNIX command to check IRIX version? my notes don't have it).
> >
> > uname -a. The IRIX version should be after the hostname... although
> > I'm not sure why you're wanting it, since you say "IRIX 5.3". BTW,
> > what luck regarding curses/ncurses/slang? I've not been able to get
> > either of the latter two to work properly on IRIX, and the first (on
> > lynxen since 2-7, after FANCY_CURSES stopped being defined for the
> > IRIX curses) doesn't work very well.
>
> `configure` defines FANCY_CURSES if the following 9 symbols are
> available in your curses headers/library:
>
>   A_BLINK
>   A_BOLD
>   A_DIM
>   A_REVERSE
>   A_UNDERLINE
>   attroff
>   attrset
>   keypad
>   wattrset

Are you quite sure on this? It appears to be checking for ncurses.

> So, which are missing under IRIX?

None of them.

> An easy way to answer this: change "/* #undef FANCY_CURSES ... */" to
> "#define FANCY_CURSES 1" in lynx_cfg.h; `make`; see if any symbols are
> not found.

All of these symbols are apparently found. It compiles with this
modification. The problem is  that when I then try using it, it looks
fine at first, but it doesn't accept enters/returns in the options
menu input portion.

        -Allen

--
Allen Smith                             address@hidden