lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx mouse in xterm for lynx2.8...

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx mouse in xterm for lynx2.8...
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:04:10 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello
>
>  I expect my question, as generic as I post it has an answer. I'm trying
> to install lynx version 2.8.1pre.6 in my unix machine for my personal use
> and I would like to use the mouse in my black and white xterm to select
> the links instead of the cursor.
>
>   According to this I should install before ncurses. Is is there a way to
> decide which version of ncurses I should use ? should i get the one from
> clark.net

ncurses 4.2, whether from my ftp area or ftp.gnu.org is fine.  I've continued
making patches after 4.2, but don't offhand remember if any would affect
Lynx in an xterm.

>   I have installed this version of lynx succesfully but without this
> feature. The other question that I have, is that in the INSTALLATION file
> in the CPPFLAG is says "_DSYSLOG_REQUESTED_URLS -I$HOME/slang" in order to
> install it with slang.. what should I write now ? replace slang by
> ncurses, assuming I have a directory like that ?

that's an error (the INSTALLATION file shouldn't associate the
syslog flag with the type of screen library used).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden