lynx-dev

Re: about lynx-dev-contrib

From: dickey
Subject: Re: about lynx-dev-contrib
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:26:14 -0400 (EDT)

> At 10:02 PM 10/1/98 , you wrote:
> >> Has anyone used Microsoft's Visual C?  (The school has promised to
> >> supply it for Windows98, although they haven't come through yet.)
> >I have a copy of Visual C++ 5.0 - did a test build a couple of weeks
> >ago and judged that I should wait for 2.8.2 to use that (it'll take some
> >work to make Lynx function reliably - it's not simply a matter of
> >compiling it...)
> >
> >(or if someone's done the work, I'll be just as happy).
>
> I started working on it yesterday.  I'll let you know if I get anywhere.
I got it to build (pdcurses 2.3), resolved most of the compiler warnings
(except that there was something bogus about the 'signal()' function),
but it didn't run properly: I could view a local file, but had to press
return after each progress message to make it load, and there was a place
where it died when freeing memory.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden