lynx-dev

lynx-dev patch to remove obsolete info from INSTALLATION

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: lynx-dev patch to remove obsolete info from INSTALLATION
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:46:06 +0900 (JST)

I left some stuff in INSTALLATION that is pitifully out-of-date.
The following patch removes it.

__Henry

*** INSTALLATION.orig   Tue Sep 29 13:25:33 1998
--- INSTALLATION        Tue Sep 29 13:40:51 1998
***************
*** 367,374 ****
        setenv RESOLVLIB -lbind

        #!/bin/csh -f
!       setenv CPPFLAGS "-DSYSLOG_REQUESTED_URLS -I$HOME/slang \
!               -I$HOME/.usr/include"
        setenv LIBS "-L$HOME/.slang/lib -L$HOME/.usr/lib"
        ./configure --exec-prefix=$HOME --bindir=$HOME/.lynx \
                --mandir=$HOME/.usr/man --libdir=$HOME/.usr/lib \
--- 367,373 ----
        setenv RESOLVLIB -lbind

        #!/bin/csh -f
!       setenv CPPFLAGS "-I$HOME/slang -I$HOME/.usr/include"
        setenv LIBS "-L$HOME/.slang/lib -L$HOME/.usr/lib"
        ./configure --exec-prefix=$HOME --bindir=$HOME/.lynx \
                --mandir=$HOME/.usr/man --libdir=$HOME/.usr/lib \
***************
*** 378,393 ****
      use the libbind.a resolver library, not libresolv.a.  Setting RESOLVLIB to
      -lbind defines this environment variable for `make', and thus must be set
      in the same shell that `make' will be run.  CPPFLAGS in this example
!     predefines SYSLOG_REQUESTED_URLS for the configure script, since it is not
!     defined by default, and has no option switch (see "docs/README.defines").
!     CPPFLAGS also defines the full path to the slang and zlib header files,
!     which are not kept in standard directories.  Likewise, LIBS defines the
!     nonstandard locations of libslang.a and libz.a.  Setting the option
!     --bindir tells the configure script where I want to install the lynx
!     binary; setting --mandir tells it where to put the lynx.1 man page, and
!     setting --libdir tells it (while at the same time defining LYNX_CFG_FILE)
!     where to put the configuration file "lynx.cfg", when I type "make
install".
!     The --with-screen=slang and --with-zlib options are explained above.

  2. Manual compile
      If auto-configure does not work for you, or you prefer to compile
--- 377,390 ----
[...]

*** 697,704 ****
      need to do is type "make install-help."  If you are installing manually,
      copy the files "COPYHEADER" and "COPYING" into the lynx_help directory
      BEFORE moving the lynx_help tree to its final location.  These files are
!     referenced hypertextually from help documents.  Find tips for installing
!     the help files at "http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/README.help";.

      If you have old, pre-existing bookmark files from earlier versions of
      Lynx, those files may have to be updated.  Conversion may just consist
--- 694,700 ----