lynx-dev

lynx-dev 2.8.1pre.2 [cosmetic patches] commandline, etc

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.1pre.2 [cosmetic patches] commandline, etc
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:22:04 -0700

This small cosmetic patch fixes a buglet on the error info returned from
an invalid commandline argument:

address@hidden ~]$ lynx -invalid
lynx: Invalid Option: -invalid
USAGE: lynx [options] [file]
Options are:
    -                receive the arguments from stdin (enclose
                     in double-quotes ("-") on VMS)
    -accept_all_cookies accepts all cookies
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    -anonymous       used to specify the anonymous account
    -assume_charset=MIMEname
                     charset for documents that don't specify it

Adds a newline in there so it'll look more like the other options.

Removed "cookies should be stored in a file" line from todo list in
LYCookie.c.

Also a couple other slight cosmetic fixes that can freely be ignored if
anyone doesn't like my judgement. :)

diff -cr 2.8.1pre.2/COPYHEADER 2.8.1pre.2.bri/COPYHEADER
*** 2.8.1pre.2/COPYHEADER       Mon Feb 24 17:10:14 1997
--- 2.8.1pre.2.bri/COPYHEADER   Sat Sep 26 14:54:31 1998
***************
*** 1,6 ****
  /* Copyright (C) 1995 University of Kansas.

!    This file is part of Lynx, a text-based, WWW browser.

     Lynx is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
     under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as
--- 1,6 ----
  /* Copyright (C) 1995 University of Kansas.

!    This file is part of Lynx, a text-based WWW browser.

     Lynx is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
     under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as
diff -cr 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYCookie.c 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYCookie.c
*** 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYCookie.c   Thu Sep 17 03:43:48 1998
--- 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYCookie.c       Sat Sep 26 15:19:41 1998
***************
*** 39,45 ****
        * If a cookie has the secure flag set, we presently treat only SSL
        connections as secure.  This may need to be expanded for other
        secure communication protocols that become standardized.
-       * Cookies could be optionally stored in a file from session to session.
  */

  #include <HTUtils.h>
--- 39,44 ----
***************
*** 67,73 ****
  **  list.  Thus, finding the cookies that apply to a given URL is a
  **  two-level scan; first we check each domain to see if it applies,
  **  and if so, then we check the paths of all the cookies on that
! **  list.   We keep a running total of cookies as we add or delete
  **  them
  */
  PRIVATE HTList *domain_list = NULL;
--- 66,72 ----
  **  list.  Thus, finding the cookies that apply to a given URL is a
  **  two-level scan; first we check each domain to see if it applies,
  **  and if so, then we check the paths of all the cookies on that
! **  list.  We keep a running total of cookies as we add or delete
  **  them
  */
  PRIVATE HTList *domain_list = NULL;
***************
*** 2445,2454 ****
  }

! /* cookie_add_acceptlist
!  *   is passed a string of domains (with leading '.', and comma
!  *   delimited) to add to the "always accept" list for cookies. -BJP
!  */

  PUBLIC void cookie_add_acceptlist ARGS1(
        char *,         acceptstr)
--- 2444,2457 ----
  }

! /*      cookie_add_acceptlist
! **      ---------------------
! **
! **   Is passed a comma-delimited string of domains to add to the
! **   "always accept" list for cookies.  The domains need to be identical
! **   to the form from which the cookie is received, with or without a
! **   leading ".".  - BJP
! */

  PUBLIC void cookie_add_acceptlist ARGS1(
        char *,         acceptstr)
***************
*** 2461,2467 ****
      char *strsmall = NULL;
      int isexisting = FALSE;

!     /* is this the first cookie we're handling? if so, initialize the
       * domain_list.
       */

--- 2464,2471 ----
      char *strsmall = NULL;
      int isexisting = FALSE;

!     /*
!      * Is this the first cookie we're handling?  If so, initialize
       * domain_list.
       */

***************
*** 2479,2487 ****
        if(strsmall == NULL)
            break;

!       /* check the list of existing cookies to see if this is a
         * re-setting of an already existing cookie -- if so, just
!        * change the behavior, if not, create a new domain entry
         */

        for (hl = domain_list; hl != NULL; hl = hl->next) {
--- 2483,2492 ----
        if(strsmall == NULL)
            break;

!       /*
!        * Check the list of existing cookies to see if this is a
         * re-setting of an already existing cookie -- if so, just
!        * change the behavior, if not, create a new domain entry.
         */

        for (hl = domain_list; hl != NULL; hl = hl->next) {
***************
*** 2516,2525 ****
  }

! /* cookie_add_rejectlist
!  *   is passed a string of domains (with leading '.', and comma
!  *   delimited) to add to the "always reject" list for cookies. -BJP
!  */

  PUBLIC void cookie_add_rejectlist ARGS1(
        char *,         rejectstr)
--- 2521,2534 ----
  }

! /*      cookie_add_rejectlist
! **      ---------------------
! **
! **   Is passed a comma-delimited string of domains to add to the
! **   "always reject" list for cookies.  The domains need to be identical

*** 2532,2538 ****
      char *strsmall = NULL;
      int isexisting = FALSE;

!     /* is this the first cookie we're handling? if so, initialize the
       * domain_list.
       */

--- 2541,2548 ----
      char *strsmall = NULL;
      int isexisting = FALSE;

!     /*

*** 2550,2558 ****
        if(strsmall == NULL)
            break;

!       /* check the list of existing cookies to see if this is a
         * re-setting of an already existing cookie -- if so, just
!        * change the behavior, if not, create a new domain entry
         */

        for (hl = domain_list; hl != NULL; hl = hl->next) {
--- 2560,2569 ----
        if(strsmall == NULL)
            break;

!       /*
!        * Check the list of existing cookies to see if this is a
         * re-setting of an already existing cookie -- if so, just
!        * change the behavior, if not, create a new domain entry.
         */

        for (hl = domain_list; hl != NULL; hl = hl->next) {
diff -cr 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYMain.c 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYMain.c
*** 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYMain.c     Fri Sep 25 19:09:02 1998
--- 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYMain.c Sat Sep 26 14:51:13 1998
***************
*** 2494,2500 ****
  {
     PARSE_SET(
        "accept_all_cookies", SET_ARG,          &LYAcceptAllCookies,
!       "accepts all cookies"
     ),
     PARSE_FUN(
        "anonymous",    FUNCTION_ARG,   anonymous_fun,
--- 2494,2500 ----
  {
     PARSE_SET(
        "accept_all_cookies", SET_ARG,          &LYAcceptAllCookies,
!       "\naccepts all cookies"
     ),
     PARSE_FUN(
        "anonymous",    FUNCTION_ARG,   anonymous_fun,
diff -cr 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYReadCFG.c 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYReadCFG.c
*** 2.8.1pre.2/src/LYReadCFG.c  Fri Sep 25 19:09:02 1998
--- 2.8.1pre.2.bri/src/LYReadCFG.c      Sat Sep 26 15:16:24 1998
***************
*** 1198,1205 ****

      /*
       * If any COOKIE_{ACCEPT,REJECT}_DOMAINS have been defined,
!      * process them. These are comma delimited lists of
!      * domains, with leading '.'. - BJP
       */

      if (LYCookieAcceptDomains != NULL) {
--- 1198,1205 ----

      /*
       * If any COOKIE_{ACCEPT,REJECT}_DOMAINS have been defined,
!      * process them.  These are comma delimited lists of
!      * domains. - BJP
       */

      if (LYCookieAcceptDomains != NULL) {

--
I want to marry a girl just like the girl that married dear old dad.
                -- Freud