lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX: history-page: cannot bkmrk any link there

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: history-page: cannot bkmrk any link there
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

Here is what I am using:

Lynx Version 2.8.1dev.16

(because newer version didn't print blank line for
fixed yet)

Here's the situation: I go to a page, don't really want
to bookmark it, but go to a subpage (ie link) under it,
and DO want to bookmark THIS one, but need to come up
with a TITLE for it -- and good title was on the PRIOR
page -- the one I did NOT want to bookmark.

So, I hit backspace to get history page, so I can easily
see whole stack of titles at once, look down at 2nd item
(the "prior" page I was talking about), ah ha, I know what
I will title that bookmark I want to make on that "current"
page, and so I don't have to REMEMBER that title which I would
have to do if I backed up from this history page to that
"current" page I want to bookmark (hell, I can't remember
why I am even typing in this email right now!   :-)  ),
I'll just move my cursor here on the history page down
to the "current" page, and hit "a", and answer "l" to bookmark
the LINK ... that's what I'll do ...

OOPS -- says that history links etc cannot be saved as bookmarks!

QUESTION: cannot the error test be done AFTER the "d or l?" prompt,
and given ONLY if I answer "d" -- obviously, you can't save the
history page itself as a bkmrk.

David