lynx-dev

lynx-dev Novice query

From: G . B . Stott
Subject: lynx-dev Novice query
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:06:01 +0100

Hi there,

Occasionally I am faced with the following problem and don't know what to do.
I want to download a file foo.html which sits in directory .../bar/ on some
remote site. I am allowed to access the file but not the directory in which
it sits. How do I download the file. Here's an example.

When I try `lynx http://www.sil.org/sgml/' I get the message:

        lynx: Can't access start file http://www.sil.org/sgml/

When I try `lynx http://www.sil.org/sgml/english-cdata.html', I am `in' the
file I want to download and, from there, I don't know how to download it.

In case it is relevant, I am connected to a VMS system running lynx 2.5 (and
may not have the clout to get something more recent).

Barrie.