lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for dev.26

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for dev.26
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:37:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Lastly, now that we are distributing lynx as a bzip2 file, it seems
> > that lynx ought to recognize bzip2 files
>
> For sure.  Wasn't the problem that we wanted table handling rather than
> the kind of if-else/switch-case that's there for .Z and .gz?  I think
> Bela already gave lynx-dev hints on how to do the quick hack.

Actually,  I was only referring to default recognition of the mime type
as binary. As it now stands, unless there is a listing in mime.types,
lynx tries to download bzip2 via ftp as text rather than binary.

> Another consideration is that bzip2 in its latest form is a library,
> and the binary has become just a wrapper/interface.  I started, but

Slightly off topic. I ported the bzip2 0.1pl2 to DOS, but I am having a
devil of a time getting version 0.9.0 beta4 to work in DOS. I keep
getting bad file handle errors, which I don't get compiling on unix. If
any of the other DJGPP users would like to help, please contact me off
the list.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman