lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYMessages_en.h

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYMessages_en.h
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:55:14 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: "Anton Bobykin" <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:22:42 +0400
>      * Sender: address@hidden
>> 980910 Anton Bobykin wrote:
>> this question has been discussed on & off for a long time on lynx-dev:
>> you can look through the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev .
>> a start has been made with French, i believe, but not Russian,
>> so if you want to submit your  LYMessages_ru.h  file via lynx-dev,
>> it should find its way into the distribution.
> How can I submit it? And maybe all of the messages should place in
> LYMessages_??.h file?
> I found a lot of messages in LYOptions.c too.
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^
You mean old-style options menu which now not supported
and should be removed soon in favour of forms-based options menu
ifdefed with EXP_FORMS_OPTIONS.

>From the other hand, it is not a good idea to translate options menu items
because you need to translate lynx_help/*.*, lynx.cfg, .rcfile,
command line -help, and keep those texts in sync with english version.
My feeling of this general problem is that the help files should be translated,
probably also few messages, but the terminology (including commands/options
names) should not be changed, otherwise we got a complete mess
like in Windows95 localized versions...
Sincerely,

Leonid.