lynx-dev

lynx-dev More on the lynx segmenation fault I was getting

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev More on the lynx segmenation fault I was getting
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:20:19 -0400

The problem is that before this release, lynx accepted character names of
ISO Latin 1.  It not only doesn't, but crashes on Solaris 2.5 and 6 when
it finds that info in one's lynxrc or lynx.cfg file - which of course
it will find when one tries to test or use it with the previous defaults.

I started looking at fixing things, but the problem is pretty pervasive in
the LYCharSet.c file, where most of the functions think that the character
set is going to be a valid number, while the code that looked up the char
sets returns a negative one.

Cookie expiration notes go out to stdout instead of out to the trace file.
This is going to cause lots of user questions about flashing msgs which
disappear without being seen.

Also, I am getting a problem with the very first page that is displayed upon
startup being displaying twice (like a refresh is being done).