lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev color

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev color
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:39:02 -0400 (EDT)

> > From: address@hidden
> > Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 17:53:54 -0400 (EDT)
> > (slang doesn't support enough of the curses interface to simply slide
> > it into place, and no one seems to have time/inclination to hack up
> > lynx to make slang do that).
> >
> > development-time on color-style would be better spent working on the
> > parser differences, since some parts of color-style are dependent on
> > Klaus' parser.
>
> Where is the dependency on the parser?
the dependency is spread around - relies on side-effects.  I disentangled
some stuff, but it's relying on the differences in the two parsers between
SGML_EMPTY and SGML_MIXED (that's from my notes - it's been two months
so I don't remember all of the details).

> (Just curious.  If I have time I might take a look.
> as I'm familiar with some parts of that code.)
I spent several days looking at it before I moved on to other things
(though it's always possible to look again ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden