lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: webmgr
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:36:03 +0900 (JST)

1)  If this post hits the list, then you know by analyzing the mail
    headers that there is one serious bug that needs to be corrected
    before a release.  (Tom, I forwarded you some information on this
    in May or June.  It needs to be dealt with in newspost, too, and
    probably other places.  I recommend that it is done silently, i.e.,
    no message to alert to the fact that the user made bad input.)
2)  On SunOS4.1.3, "lynx_site.txt" was installed in "/usr/local/lib",
    but on the info page it is looking in "/usr/local/lib/lynx_help".
    I prefer the later, if possible.
3)  Previously I asked that "CHANGES", "PROBLEMS", "README", "samples"
    and "test" not be installed automatically into the lynx_help.  If
    they absolutely must go in there, then at least gzip them if the
    enable-gzip-help option is set.

I see no need to rush to get out a release.  Let's give Bela all the time
he needs.  Even when he's done, lynx-dev needs to be given a shot at it.

__Henry