lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev.22] patch0.3: UIPs, help files, --enable-gzip-help
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:48:28 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Sinan Kaan Yerli said:

> (28/08/1998 00:12) Leonid Pauzner:
>
> >>      * From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> I want to give a clear picture of what I have been doing:

> >> * Download and Print UIPs are divided into 'Standard' and
> >>   'Local additions'.                         ^^^^^^^
> >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  I think this is not a good idea to say about
> > 'standard'.
> >                       OK, let I use Zmodem and use lynx from the remote PC,
> >                       why should I think about 'local additions'?
>
> Well, that was the only suggesstion given. Since we are a community I
> thought eveybody was aggreed with that. OK then shall we call more
> technical terms like:
>
> * Standard options
> * User supplied options

The alternative is not so much to wordsmith the terms for the two
parts of the menu, as to leave the menu as one coherent list.

Leonid has a point.

Making this distinction helps people understand how to change the
menu at the expense of confusing people who don't need to do
anything but exercise options on the menu.

Al