lynx-dev

lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bugfix: ' ' -> '+' in form-based options

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bugfix: ' ' -> '+' in form-based options
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:18:23 +0100

Bug:
In Form-based options page ' ' is converted to '+'. This only happens if
you have ' ' in any input string and you choose <Accept changes>.

The reason:
A HTUnEscape() is called before accepting the string which converts the
post_data values into sensible ones which is not sensible for ' '.

Fix:
Since too many changes involved in this file I will give a relative
place and code fragment to include
-or-
wait until dev.23 which is very soon:

In LYOptions.c, subroutine PostPair, add the following just after the
line "HTUnEscape(q[count].tag);"
        {
           int i, len;
           len = strlen(q[count].value);
           for (i = 0; i < len; i++) {
                if (q[count].value[i] == '+') {
                    q[count].value[i] = ' ';
                }
           }
        }

ps: do we need to handle some other char before handing the string into
HTUnEscape().

Sinan.