lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:51:05 +0100

(27/08/1998 08:18) address@hidden:

>> But then we have to call it '--enable-gzip-help'.
>better to base it on whichever of the compressed flavors we've compiled in,
>with a fallback to external compression programs.

In the earlier patch I made a check only for gzip:

case $use_gzip_help in
no)
        AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
        COMPRESS_PROG=
        COMPRESS_EXT=
        ;;
*)
        AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
        COMPRESS_PROG=$ac_cv_path_GZIP
        COMPRESS_EXT=.gz
        ;;
esac
AC_SUBST(COMPRESS_PROG)
AC_SUBST(COMPRESS_EXT)

So, to make everybody happy 'yes' test has to be extended in the order of
'zlib->gzip->compress->none' right? What is the extension of 'zlib' or
does it have an extension? So if we fill the gaps:

*)
        if test ".$use_zlib" = ".yes" ; then
                AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
                COMPRESS_PROG=$ac_cv_path_????
                COMPRESS_EXT=.???
        else if test ".$ac_cv_path_GZIP" != "." ; then
                AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
                COMPRESS_PROG=$ac_cv_path_GZIP -f
                COMPRESS_EXT=.gz
        else if test ".$ac_cv_path_COMPRESS" != "." ; then
                AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
                COMPRESS_PROG=$ac_cv_path_COMPRESS -f
                COMPRESS_EXT=.Z
        else
                AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
                COMPRESS_PROG=
                COMPRESS_EXT=
        fi
        ;;
esac

Well, I don't know what to put for zlib. Even though it is implemented
in as a library, how are we going to physically compress the help files.
Can we assume 'gzip' as the compression program if 'zlib' is installed
(with a check of course)?

Am I missing something?

--
Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>