lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bug-report: ^G to mailto download will downlo

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bug-report: ^G to mailto download will download PREV_DOC
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Larry W. Virden said:

> I would propose that trying to do a download on a mailto link
> be an 'error' condition.

Sounds reasonable to me.  My latest thinking is that we should
not have mailto: URLs but rather mailbox objects with
send-mail-to as the default action on the class of mailbox
objects.  Then you could do a GET including a background GET
on the mailbox to load your offline reader.  C.f. news: URLs.

But that's not mailto:

Al