lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev %s %t

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev %s %t
Date: 24 Aug 1998 11:31:24 -0500

PW> one would expect Lynx to look for different place-holders --
PW>  %s = the temporary filename used by Lynx
PW>  %t = a filename of the user's choice  -- ,
PW> thereby avoiding the problem with Kermit above
PW> & the need for the script in the ZModem example in  lynx.cfg .

PW> if someone will point me to the vicinity of the source for this,
PW> i'll put it on my list of minor fixes to have a go at; if anyone
PW> else can do it more quickly, so much the better.

It would be a much bigger job than it may look like to you.  Lynx does
not have its own handler for format strings (like those used in
PRINTER, DOWNLOADER, etc); it uses the ones built-in in C's standard
library.  So modulo a major rewrite to provide Lynx with its own
format strings we have to stay with C's way of doing format strings.
`%s' means `a string,' which one being determined by position in the
format string and order of arguments.  `%t' doesn't mean anything.
It's not a minor fix.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |