lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev verbose images in options menu

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev verbose images in options menu
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:29:11 +0400 (MSD)

>      * Subject: Re: lynx-dev verbose images option patch
>      * From: Laura Eaves <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 18:28:46 -0400 (EDT)

> There is only one glitch that I can't seem to figure out.
> When I go to the forms options page and set verbose images from ON to OFF,
> when I accept the change and return to my web page, the page is
> reloaded so images come out [LINE].
> But when I do the same thing on the old options page, the page isn't reloaded
> automatically.
It was done with a strange way by introducing a bunch of flags in LYMainLoop.c
instead of returning a parameter with LYoptions(). see LYK_DOWNLOAD

>From the other side, forms options reload previous page every time,
even if we leave options by left arrow key without submitting the form.
This is not good looking but I cannot figure out how to uncache _previous_
document on a later stage.

> I'm sure if I stared at this a little longer I might figure out what the
> problem is, but figured I'd post the patch now in case someone else more
> experienced with this part of the code has an idea.
>
> Let me know if there are other problems.
As I remember, LYoptions() should fit in one page, but it depends on
usermode (not all use Advanced mode), and a number of other options
like exec_links which may be not available in your configuration
but someone run into.