lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: ynx-dev proxy env var

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Re: ynx-dev proxy env var
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 07:01:09 -0400

From: "Nitin Gupta" <address@hidden>

> found the error I was making....
> I was setting the env var using http_proxy="http://my.proxy.server:80"; but
> without the trailing "/" after the :80..
> once I set it as http_proxy="http://my.proxy.server:80/";, everything worked
> fine.....

Okay, question folk.  I know that the correct URL notation is to have that
trailing / .  However, I have to believe this would be a common mistake.
If a C programmer was included to add some code to look for the case where
it was missing and to add it, would that be an acceptable change?

I've not looked at lynx to see what it does with proxy - but it is appending
a url to the end of the value of a proxy without checking to ensure the
string has a / , that seems like a check that could be added during the
code identifying the proxies and that it could be checked one time at
initialization and thus not slow things down.