lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: [WinTcl] Windows NT .bat console doesn't go away

From: Yongqiang John Huang
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [WinTcl] Windows NT .bat console doesn't go away
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:43:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all those who replied to my initial posting.

I've finally figured out one version of the .bat file that does
exactly what I want on both NT and 98:

@start c:\Expect-5.21\bin\wish80.exe -f myscript
@exit

Along the way, I've found some pretty puzzling behavior on either
platform.  For those who are curious:

Omitting @exit will cause the console to stay around on Win 98 (it's
just like a regular dos prompt, you can type command to it).  It
doesn't seem to make a difference on NT.  (I'm running a beta version
of 98, so that might potentially be a factor.)

Quoting c:\Expect-5.21\bin\wish80.exe on NT generates some kind of
error, to the effect of "-f is not a valid file name..." even though
it works fine on 98.

Thanks again to all.

John Huang