lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1dev20 and DJGPP
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi, this is my first post. I've come across some problems when
> compiling the djgpp 2.01 port of Lynx 2.8.1dev20:
>
> 1. With the Base64 additions (by RJP) to GridText.c I get undefined
>    reference to `va_start' because it's #undef'd in LYcurses.h.
>    I simply changed GridText.c, r_QueryAddString() around line 74:
better to suppress the #undef (it's there to workaround a conflict between
slang and a header on some system).

>    - vsprintf(tempstring, format, ap);
>    + vsprintf(tempstring, format, (&format)+1);
>
> 2. LYmain.c has an extern ref to `regs'. Where is it allocated?
>    I also changed definition of `init_ctrl_break':
that's a compiler-specific definition.  (so your changes would have to be
ifdef'd to merge).  I'll hold this until we get more feedback, since I
don't compile that configuration.

> 4. Code inside __BORLANDC__ blindly assumes Windows as target.
>    (Borland C large-model or with Powerpack could be an option).
>    `#if defined(__BORLANDC__) && defined(_Windows)' would be more
>    appropriate. A new BCC_WIN32 define maybe?
that sounds better (I'd prefer a common prefix to denote the type of ifdef,
such as "SYS_" or "TG_" (for target).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden