lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-Editor problem
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:32:32 +0100 (BST)

> I've got both TERM and TERMINFO defined as vt100.
> TERMCAP is several lines long ('printenv')

On a properly configued Unix shell account, TERMCAP should not be in
the environment.  The fact that it is multiple lines suggests that
it contains the full entry, not just the name of the file, but, on
a normal Unix system, that file would be /etc/termcap and would not
need to be named explicitly.

These all indicate severe local workarounds, which suggests you should
seek help locally.

Failing that, you should read the man pages for terminfo and termcap
and make sure that you have the system configured correctly to work
with both of them for your terminal.  I still suspect that you have
a terminfo version of vi but no terminfo database; i.e. a shell account/vi
problem.