lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx vs. metamail

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx vs. metamail
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 07:56:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> & so have missed out on the things MIME types do for people
> (they get mentioned regularly on lynx-dev, of course).
One of the NICE things is one that I helped out with recently: the use of
one's mailcap file to point mail attachments that are HTML to Lynx.

I use Pine rather than elm, but the principle is the same: in the mailcap
file you tell it that when it sees HTML docs attached, crank up Lynx so
you can view it directly.

And apparently in Pine 4.0, you can use Lynx to look at links embedded in
the mail itself...I have not pulled down 4.0 yet (but that sounds like a
good project for today).

Roger

Roger Hill, McEnearney Alstons (Barbados) Ltd    E-mail:address@hidden
Tel:246-426-5764/230-9596                           Fax:246-426-8626