lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX: "stuff in tmp-space"

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: "stuff in tmp-space"
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 20:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

Just got this lynx email (no subject), about
Lynx keeping files in /tmp or somewhere, and
that filling up, and having to be cleaned by hand,
I suppose, if Lynx crashed and didn't get to
finish properly.

If so, then maybe lynx could write into a LOCAL
file (in current pwd) a file containing the NAMES
of any files it wrote into /tmp or wherever.

When lynx exits properly and deletes those files,
then AFTER doing that, it can delete the names-file.

that way, we can edit that names file, and on unix
stick "rm -i" at the left of each line,
and run or "source" the thing, if we want.

Here's the posting I saw: