lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev nuisance message

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev nuisance message
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:41:10 -0400 (EDT)

further investigation reveals a couple of things:

(1) messages can be suppressed by setting eg  INFOSECS:0 ,
    so there's no need for a separate variable to do so;
(2) Lynx is supposed to issue a warning when it strips  ../ ,
    but in fact it issues an alert,
    as shown when i tried different settings for the  3  variables:
    this is a bug, as Lynx behaviour does not correspond
    to that stated in  lynx.cfg ;
    presumably it's a line which needs changing somewhere,
    so maybe another little item for my list: anyone tell me where?