lynx-dev

lynx-dev Problem with NNTP Protocol

From: Jesus M Mercado
Subject: lynx-dev Problem with NNTP Protocol
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:36:58 -0500

Gentleman,

I have been using your Lynx for Win32 version 2.8 on a Pentium 100mhz
running Win95 with 16 megs of memory and have difficulty in executing
the NNTP protocol for reading newsgroups. After I type 'g' (without 's)
I type the following news server address: nntp://news.uic.edu and enter.
Lynx makes the connection and responds with 'Reading the available
newsgroups'. However, the program never comes back with the listing of
all the newsgroups. Further, because it never comes back with the listing,
I have to depress ctrl, alt, delete to kill the lynx program.

Overall though, it is an excellent program.  Thanks.