lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.19.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 05:20:04 -0400 (EDT)

> Rob Partington wrote:
>
> > > Actually, after playing some more with it, I'm really not sure what's
> > > wrong.  :-(  Exactly what is LYstrsep() supposed to be doing when its
> > > second argument isn't found -- what's it supposed to return, is it
> > > supposed to have done anything to the pointed-to data, and is it
> > > supposed to have done anything to its first argument?
> >
> > Changing the patch to set `out' to be NULL in the initialiser might
> > help - that way, strsep will return NULL if strpbrk returns NULL,
> > rather than some undefined value.
>
> The code in dev.19 already has "char *out = 0;".  That's not it.
>
> Someone mail me a strsep() man page from a system that has it?

STRSEP(3)           Linux Programmer's Manual           STRSEP(3)

NAME
       strsep - extract token from string

SYNOPSIS
       #include <string.h>

       char *strsep(char **stringp, const char *delim);

DESCRIPTION
       The  strsep()  function  returns  the  next token from the
       string stringp which is delimited by delim.  The token  is
       terminated with a `\0' character and stringp is updated to
       point past the token.

RETURN VALUE
       The strsep() function returns a pointer to the  token,  or
       NULL if delim is not found in stringp.

NOTES
       The  strsep() function was introduced as a replacement for
       strtok(), since the latter  cannot  handle  empty  fields.
       (However,  strtok()  conforms  to ANSI-C and hence is more
       portable.)

CONFORMING TO
       BSD 4.4

SEE ALSO
       index(3),  memchr(3),  rindex(3),  strchr(3),  strpbrk(3),
       strspn(3), strstr(3), strtok(3)

GNU                       April 12, 1993                        1

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden