lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx in the 3rd World

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx in the 3rd World
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:07:48 -0400 (EDT)

980802 Sergio Coria-Olguin wrote via AG:
> I'm Mexican computer-science researcher.
> I've thought about using Lynx to implement tele-informatic services
> in rural communities and small cities in Mexico
> where the phone cost is high, as an alternative to common browsers.
> What do you think about this ?

your other questions are too general as they stand,
but this one should catch our attention:
Lynx users & developers are scattered World-wide
& some do use it partly because it is very fast
& makes relatively small demands on hardware.

i'ld say Lynx would be excellent for your purpose,
but you need to make your inquiries more specific & technical,
at which point there may be more help available from lynx-dev
(we're all volunteers, so sometimes queries do fall by the wayside).

Lynx can be used to download images,
tho' you need other software to view them.

decide in more detail what you want to do with Lynx, then ask again here.