lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev improving documentation

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev improving documentation
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 09:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Larry W. Virden said:

> > eg there's CHANGES files going back to the Roman Empire or nearly
>
> Having a full history is, to me, a good thing.  However, perhaps someone
> who is concerned about this could think of other ways of organizing things
> - breaking the file into a set of per version files, or per year files,
> or whatever.

So long as the full history is also available under one text
search capability.  Two questions that I have used the history to
answer are "Has this changed?" and "When did this change?"  It is
reasonably easy to pursue that with a monolithic changes file
visible once on the web and '/' string searching by Lynx.
Answering "When did this change?" when the log is segmented is
tedious.  I just don't bother to answer that question any more.

What Joe Kincaid did with the changes from 2.6 to 2.7 was
excellent: a user's guide to the changes from the last major
release.

Al