lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev fonts

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev fonts
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 01:07:25 -0700 (PDT)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Philip Webb wrote:

> 980729 Inna Shekhtman wrote:
> > I just installed The Gimp on my machine
> > and I am having trouble with getting it to recognize any fonts.
> > How would I install fonts (I found some sights that have them)
>
> you reached lynx-dev, the meeting-place for users & developers of Lynx,
> the text browser.  just possibly, someone here knows what The Gimp is,
> but you probably need to inquire elsewhere.
> for anything about Lynx, however, come back here & we'll try to help.

The Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is an X windows program for
image editing, which bids to be a competitor to Photoshop in the UNIX
world.  As such it is entirely graphical and it does not have anything
in common with lynx...

...except inasmuch as you use lynx to surf or ftp to fetch files for it.
We're helpful, we're friendly, our browser is the fastest, but we can't
help you with the actual usage of every file on the net.  Sorry.

Ob web: You want to visit http://www.gimp.org, and follow their links
that lead to the helpful answers pages for that app, and the links to
their own mailing lists.

Ob lynx: I don't think the page is very lynx-clean, but my link wouldn't
go up very quickly so I can't say for sure.  But, I don't remember tooltips
popping up the last time I visited in graphics mode (usually means unALT'd
IMG tags);  I think the sidebar may be an imagemap, which we handle fine.
I'll warn you that many of the "helpful" pages are riddled with frames.

If you want to talk further about the Gimp, it is off-topic, so mail me
privately.  I'm not an expert at it, though.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078