lynx-dev

lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.18.patch.gz

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.1dev.18.patch.gz
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 22:29:28 -0400 (EDT)

This is essentially the patch that I've had pending for the past few weeks.
It's checked in, and the web page looks ok (Jim Spath updated things & I
filled in a couple of details).  I added the one-line malloc/calloc fix to
this patch for the *putenv_cmd variables change, but otherwise it's the same.

1998-07-24 (2.8.1dev.18)
* improved test for socks5, to account for special cases on AIX (reported by
  Brian Hauber) - TD
* several changes to reduce the number of gcc cast-qual warnings, by adding
  CONST, removing casts - TD
* add configure option --enable-syslog to enable system logging of requested
  URL's - TD
* add RP's experimental persistent-cookie support, and configure option
  --enable-persistent-cookies, ifdef'd with EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES - TD
* removed references to DOSRAWKEYHACK, which is no longer used.  Modified the
  dos makefile for libwww and makefile.dsl to default to using display_partial.
  Modified INSTALLATION to reflect the successful use of slang with the dos
  port and the now confusing alternatives when compiling the dos port, along
  with some other updates - DK
* modify lynx_enable_mouse() for pdcurses configuration so that mouse support
  is disabled unless -use_mouse is specified.  This is ifdef'd with
  __BORLANDC__ for the time being (WB).
* resync build-slang.com, against build.com - TD
* add $(MMSQUALIFIERS) to top-level descrip.mms, e.g., to use options such as
  /FROM, /IGNORE, /NOACTION, etc., and $(INCLUDES) definitions to lower-level
  descrip.mms files.  Improve error-recovery in build.com (patches by Liam
  Davis <address@hidden>)
* use memset to clear soc_in fields before doing a connect, needed for BSD/OS
  (patch by Jeffrey C Honig <address@hidden>).
* remove spurious sprintf params when using FIXED_RECORD_COMMAND_MASK which has
  only one parameter, change VMSsignal from void* to void (report by Mike Xun
  Ma <address@hidden> ) - TD
* use open(O_CREAT|O_EXCL) to open new hidden files - TD
* eliminate_*putenv_cmd variables used by LYReadCFG.c as placeholders for
  putenv calls - TD
* disable include of <sys/filio.h> for VMS, from report by Chris Doran) - TD
* fixes for VMS: mismatched curly brace, etc., from CTRACE and buffer-overflow
  changes (reported by address@hidden) - TD
* correct a loop in HTML_start_element that strips 7 leading characters from
  an href, fixes a core-dump in traversing ".." to "/" - TD
* use new macro SetOutputMode to reduce some clutter - TD
* modify interface of LYCachedTemp so fileCache member is reset to null, fixes
  bug in my recent cleanup of temp-files, which caused a core-dump - TD
* add kb/sec rate to HTReadProgress message - TD
* modify computation in HTReadProgress to interpolate rate - LP
* One more fix for DISP_PARTIAL: to avoid blinking while reloading document
  with Newline_partial > 1 (say, we press '*' and noproxy) we repaint the page
  only when Newline_partial <= HText_getNumOfLines(). - LP
* add "-verbose" command-line switch. - LP
* DOS fix: open stdout in TEXT mode for -help and startup error message. - LP
* correct use of $mapname variable in CF_ALT_CHAR_SET (Tomas Vanhala)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden