lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PRINT OPTIONS PROBLEM

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PRINT OPTIONS PROBLEM
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:54:40 +0100 (BST)

> When a user selects the 'p' for the print options the following error
> comes up "Alert!: Unable to open print options file".  How do I fix this ?

Install the software properly.

This message is generated when an open for creation fails on the temporary
HTML page that contains the list of printing options.  This probably means
that other pages, like the status page (=) also fail and it would be
useful to have confirmation.  However, generally, you need to look at
how Lynx is configured with regard to the location of temporary files and
the permisssions that you have on the directories concerned.

Note that there have been concerns about security in this area, and a
sysadmin (you don't say who installed Lynx) may have been overzealous in
preventing temporary file use.

Next time please provide information about how Lynx was installed, what
version, and what operating system version (for Linux distribution is more
important than kernel version).