lynx-dev

www.slcc.edu mostly back (was Re: lynx-dev Lynx on a floppy...)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: www.slcc.edu mostly back (was Re: lynx-dev Lynx on a floppy...)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:06:16 -0400

> > On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 10:29:39AM +0100, Rob Partington wrote:
> > > FWIW, lynx2.8.16 tar'd and compressed with bzip2 -9 is only 1190401
> > > bytes long...
> > > By contrast, the corresponding tgz file is 1477088 bytes long.
> > > Perhaps offering both might be nice?
> > Sounds good.  As soon as I can get back on slcc, I'll do it.
> Well, Scott McGee got my account back. The bad news is most of the
> binaries (like prcs, zip, etc.) I used to have are toast. The good news
> is the Lynx PRCS archive is there. I've started rebuilding the tools I
> use and things should be back to semi-normal in a few days (I hope).

I've repaired the scripts that checkout the archive and update the
current index page. It's up to dev.17, and as soon as Tom can get back
on, he'll have the latest patches archived.

If you look at http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/, you should see the tar
and zip versions, as well as bzip.

I haven't looked at patch-o-matic, but my guess is it's still broken.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I don't know what it is to be happy you know.
Just thought you might be interested.   Of course I should have
saved my breath, not that I have any breath.   God I feel so down
today.