lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev reverse/underline of links

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reverse/underline of links
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:30:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> I am working on installing lynx onto HP-UX10.2, and I cannot get the links
> to appear underlined, and only the active link to show in reverse so that I
> can tell where the active link is on the screen.  I tried to add the
> configure option"--enable-underlines" to the ./configure but that produced
> no noticeable results.  I have also tried to add #define UNDERLINE_LINKS in
> the LYCurses.h file and searched for other possiblities, only to find the
> screen option change of blinking cursor to the right of the active link.
> I am using lynx version 2-8, linked with color curses.

I don't know that I have a solution, but at least here are some
suggestions to try. If the problem is only to locate the active link,
you can set "show_cursor" to ON, either in the options menu, or by
the command-line toggle "-show_cursor". This will put a cursor at the
beginning of the active link. The active link is defaulted to reverse
+ underline, while other links default to bold. If you actually have a
color screen, you may be able to change the colors for the defaults in
the COLORS section of lynx.cfg, so that the different types of links are
distinguishable. The configuration file says that it only works with
certain curses implementations, but it won't hurt to try. It sounds as
if your termcap or terminfo definition has bold and reverse the same. If
I recall, I had to make a new definition for one of them in my wyse60
termcap/terminfo files to allow lynx to display properly. You may want
to look at the definitions of reverse, bold, and underline in your
termcap/terminfo files.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman