lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Telnet Problem with Win32 Lynx

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Telnet Problem with Win32 Lynx
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 09:40:17 -0400

On Sat, Jul 11, 1998 at 08:40:05AM -0400, Wayne Buttles wrote:
> Is there any way I can get a test telnet server to play with?  If it ran
> on Win95 that would be awesome, but if not I do have access to an NT box.
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Keith Russell wrote:
> [ ... ]

According to www.TUCOWS.com, there is a free one for NT or 95:

                              Server Daemon Software for Windows NT (p32 of 35)
                               Telnet Servers
   Fictional Telnet Daemon Download Now!
     * Version Number: 1.2
     * Revision Date: May 15, 1998
     * File Name: ftd-v12.zip
     * Byte Size: 1,010,862
     * License: Freeware
     * Home Page: http://www.fictional.net
     * Also Available: Windows 95 Version
       computer running Fictional Telnet Daemon. Includes a password
       protect and also allows you to reboot, shutdown, execute files,
       and more.
       3.5 Cows

Note:  I have not tried this software, but TUCOWS is a reliable source
of information, IMHO...

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You'll have a really miserable time.