lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Bug in lynx or Hyperlatex?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug in lynx or Hyperlatex?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 02:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

980629 Stephane Peyrard wrote:
> PGP HTML documentation files start with the following 3 lines.
>   <!-- HTML file produced from file: pgpdoc1.tex>
>   <!-- using Hyperlatex v 1.1 (c) Otfried Schwarzkopf>
>   <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>PGP User's Guide, Volume I: Essential Topics -- Signing
> and then encrypting
> When trying viewing such a file, the lynx screen is blank.
> I don't know if this is a problem with lynx or Hyperlatex.
> In other words, are comments allowed before <HTML> ?

the problem is Hyperlatex & its comments:
enter  '  to switch to `historical' comment parsing,
when the page appears perfectly properly.

> lynx is lynx-2.7.1-1.

this is  c 15 months  out-of-date:
you should get 2-8 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .

> I have not subscribed to address@hidden,
> so please put me in copy if you answer this mail.

as someone who appears on lynx-dev from time to time,
you should subscribe to avoid making people copy your e-ddress;
you can learn a lot simply by reading the daily dose.