lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: lynx primer page

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx primer page
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:33:16 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Philip Webb said:

> there is a need for a WWW page for beginners linked from the Help pages,
> which i might try to compose given a little time & encouragement;
> it would need to be hosted somewhere.

You can find some good raw material with a web search on lynx.
Various university help desks have done "intro to Internet" pages
that are Lynx based.

An unsolved problem, in my mind, is the web setup that gets
people to return for lesson two.  The "list links" function
doesn't make it into lesson one IMHO.  And as you said, it is
just too useful not to mention.

If you can frame this as an update to BLYNX that might be good.
See how much of what is needed is already there.

Al