lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev temporary files

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev temporary files
Date: 24 Jun 1998 17:43:53 -0600

JP> There are over 27000 zero length files called L6544-xxxxxTMP.TXT
JP> (where x is a digit) all with the same date stamp in my %TMP%
JP> directory.
>>
JP> I assume they are LYNX temporary files... Should these have been
JP> deleted automatically, or is it the user's responsibility to tidy
JP> this up?
>>
>> If Lynx exits properly, it will delete them automatically.  Perhaps
>> you are killing Lynx instead of exiting with 'q' or 'Q'?

TED> or perhaps it was built from (I forget - dev.13?) the version where
TED> I had broken the code that removes temporary files.  afaik dev.16 is
TED> ok though.

Ack!  It was dev.13.  When I get back next month I'll have to
distribute Lynx binaries based on something newer.  Though it also
seems that dev13-based lynxen on my home machine are deleting their
temporary files just fine...I'll be gone for most of July; be kind to
the poor confused OS/2 users who drop in here until I get back!

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |