lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx_386 install ?

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx_386 install ?
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:48:52 -0400 (EDT)

>On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:00:54 -0400 (EDT),
>Guy R. Robert  <address@hidden> wrote:

>I am trying to use a 386 PC with a CGA screen in DOS to access Internet.

>The error message that I get is the following:
>
>Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
>Page fault at eip=000403e4, error=0004

Try the latest, either at my site: www.fdisk.com/doslynx or at Doug's:
www.rahul.net/dkaufman.  You should add your wattcp.cfg, but leave all
other files intact.  Make sure to run it from the directory you unpack it
in.

If, after all that, you still get a SIGSEGV then we can try to compile you
a debugging version and have you run symify on it to get more realistic
information.  As far as I know, however, none of us has ever actually done
this so you will need to be understanding.  I am just going by what the
faq says for DJGPP ( djgpp/v2/faq210b.zip; djgppfaq.html#Crash traceback )

After looking that up I came up with a question of my own--Has anyone on
the lynx-dev list ever used gdb on a program such as lynx?  Could it help
in finding the reason FTP and NEWS don't work on the DJGPP version?  It
doesn't crash or i'd try this symify trick--it hangs after connecting with
the remote server and before the lynx code sees the resulting answer.

Wayne