lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx colours

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx colours
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:10:09 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm using TERM=ansi-color-3 for my colour definitions in Lynx v2.7.2
> for OS/2. I got his particular file from the NCurses package for EMX
> (NC-EMX-B.ZIP) and was wondering if this provided any facility for
> compiling my own ansi-color-3...
>
> NCurses contains a file called emx.src which contains the following
> lines which I suspect are somehow converted into the files
> ansi-color-2 and ansi-color-3.
somehow: the \E[1;37;46m is a hardcoded sequence that renders
        bold (the 1)
        white foreground text (the 37)
        cyan background (the 46 - though I think they meant 44, which is blue)
The names (smso, etc.), are in the terminfo man-page (with ncurses), as
well as an overview of the syntax (\E is the escape character, 27).

(I left those in the emx.src, but they're not very useful imho, since they
resulting description does not support ANSI colors - the ability to let the
application program 8 colors)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden