lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 50 Lines in Windows 95
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:43:14 -0400 (EDT)

I can get 50 line display with the way Lynx is installed on my
Win95 system.

I have a desktop icon for Lynx that I believe I generated by
selecting LYNX.BAT and then using the "send: to desktop as
shortcut" command.  Probably this was done under Explorer.  The
"program" entry in the properties for this desktop item is the
lynx.bat file.

To see the option tabs for this, I go in with Explorer [note that
"my computer" will _not_ get you the desktop like this] open up
the desktop pseudo-folder (it's there at the top of the tree),
select the Lynx entry on the desktop, activate file:properties
and I get about five tabs, including screen.

In the screen tab, there is an "initial size" select item.
This is probably only usable if you have selected "window"
and not "full screen."  But in the "initial size" selection
you can select one of { default, 25, 43, 50 } lines.

There may be other ways to set this that are less dependent on
using the GUI, but Win95 clearly does support 50 line operation.

Al