lynx-dev

lynx-dev Mailto: URL's in DOS port of lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Mailto: URL's in DOS port of lynx
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:59:38 -0700 (PDT)

As those who have used the DOS ports of lynx know, mailto: URL's have
been problematic, working through various kludges. I just noticed that
the batch file that I have been distributing didn't actually work, but
was only mailing to the sender instead of the intended recipient. My
apologies to all about this error. I have corrected and will be making
available the new batch file soon. This should work with CC: addresses
also.

The binary to send the mail has also been improved. Alfredo Cole, author
of SMTPOP, has just created a SENDMAIL.EXE file for use with lynx which,
on initial testing, is working well. A batch file is still necessary to
create the SMTP envelope.

Thanks to Alfredo Cole for taking the time to create a program
specifically to act as an auxiliary for lynx.

I will try to get the files up on the servers within the next few days.
                             Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)