lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Dos SSL support

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dos SSL support
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 07:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> > I recently downloaded the dos port of Lynx 2.8,
> > but the patch I found for SSL support looks like it was made for UNIX.
> > Is there a SSL patch for dos?
>
> i'm not an expert on SSL or DOS with Lynx,
> but as no-one else has replied i can offer a bit of advice:
> the place to look for a patch is  www.moxienet.com/lynx/ ,

It sounded from the initial inquiry as if he was looking for a patch to
the binary file, rather than source code. I don't know if anyone has
succeded in compiling a DOS port with SSL, but it certainly wouldn't be
distributable from the US. Doing this would imply not only compiling
lynx, but also SSLeay. I would also be interested in reports of success.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)